This is the first time I’ve taken time to sit in my living room and “relax” a bit in awhile, and my last update was April 6, sooooo, I’m way overdue. I’ll bullet-point the main activities since then:
- Had several individual meetings/Bible studies, usually early in the morning
- Chaired executive committee and two floor meetings of and enjoyed some great fellowship with the Ohio Bible Fellowship last weekend (driving over 400 miles round trip with Trish, Meagan, Josiah, and Lydia!)
- Preached Sunday morning at Orwell Bible Church on Romans 5:6-11
- Taught Sunday afternoon on the purposes of a local church (outline here)
- Dinner and fellowship Monday night at friends’ house
- Taught at Great Lakes Bible Institute’s Issues in Fundamentalism class; my topic for two classes (last Tuesday and this) was “Contemporary Challenges for Committed Separatists.” Had some great discussion with the students, and the work I put into those two 2 1/2 hour classes will provide several OBF Visitor articles for sure.
- Had prayer in my office with a couple of pastor friends from the area Wednesday morning
- Last night’s prayer meeting message from 2 Thessalonians 3:16
- Trip up to Mentor to meet with a couple of pastors (this morning)
- Observed the 150th anniversary of the commencement of the Civil War on Tuesday
- A bunch of emails, phone calls, and personal conversations
- And of course tried to sneak in some study and sermon prep in between all that! 🙂
No rest for the wicked, and the righteous don’t need it!